In today’s digital world, computer illiteracy is an overwhelming hindrance to many.
For today’s students, technology is essential. Technological literacy is an integral part of the Village School curriculum. ClassIQ educate students on computer Smart lab education, we employ innovative classroom technology and we use technology to connect and expand our students’ universe of knowledge.
The ClassIQ at Kolkata recently starting a class offering smart computer training to rural school students of Standards V – XII at the School’s smart lab.
Classes will be conducted in several batches in the school time during weekdays.
Aim of the project:
The aim of the project is to provide the benefits of computer based education and skills training to school students from rural areas of West Bengal (India). We have shortlisted some locations where we will have a presence either through Digital Education or Computer education. By leveraging on this infrastructure, once we setup a Computer learning Program, we can reach out and help more than 15000 students on a yearly basis.
Children in most rural parts of West Bengal do not have proper access to any form of computer education. This obviously means that they cannot get benefit from the vast array of learning options based on computers and also their lack of computer skills is potentially a big impediment to future job opportunities.
Children can learn everything from basic computer skills like more advanced IT applications, etc.
Whereas we have made a survey on several student that they are improving their skills by learning in three models:
Digital Education Program through Smart Lab:
Aim of the project:
With a population of over 1.2 billion and over 30% of school age, India boasts the second largest education system in the world.
However, over 70% of the Indian population lives in rural areas where delivery of quality education is a real challenge. ClassIQ Educational Foundation is now playing an important role to support teaching and dissemination of knowledge. ClassIQ Educational Foundation has going to revolutionize the effective learning process.
ClassIQ Educational Foundation rise to the concept of Smart Learning Lab.
Interactive Software Integrated Learning System (ISILS) is a modern educational approach to develop communication skills through
Interaction with the help of Audio-Video learning model.
Key Benefits of the Smart Lab education model:
- Children learn best by observing and copying the behaviors of adults. It is therefore evident that learning is more effective when sensory experiences are stimulated. These include pictures, slides, Audio, videos and other audiovisual tools.
- Smart Lab Video class helps to introduce new topics in easy way. The use of audiovisual aids makes the students to remember the concept for longer period of time. It gives clear concepts thus help to bring effectiveness in learning.
- Integrating smart technology into the classroom help students to experience things virtually or vicariously. For example, if the teacher wants to give a lesson on Taj Mahal, it is possible that not all the students in India have visited the place but you can show it through a video thereby allowing the students to see the monument with their own eyes. Although the first-hand experience is the best way of educative experience but such an experience cannot always be done practical so in some case we need to have substitution.
- Use of audio-visual aids help in maintaining discipline in the class since all the students’ attention are focused in learning. This interactive session also develops critical thinking and reasoning that are important components of the modern learning process.
- Students learn when they are motivated and curious about something. Traditional verbal instructions can be boring and painful for students. However, use of audio-visual provides intrinsic motivation to students by peaking their curiosity and stimulating their interests in the different things.
Some Model Concept of the Smart Lab educational Program:
- Computer Applications
- Economic Applications
- Performing Arts
- Home Science
- Physical Education
- Technical Drawing Applications
- Environmental Applications
- Women Safety
- Some foreign Lifestyles Etc.
Our array of technology includes:
2. Sound Systems
3. Projector Screen
4. Computer System
5. Well trained teacher with tab
6. Other Devices
7. Integrated Audio-Video, Slides Study materials
2. Essential furniture
3. Proper electric connection
4. Class schedule in routine.
It is clear that audio visual aids are important tools for teaching learning process. It helps the teacher to present the lesson effectively and students learn and retain the concepts better and for longer duration. Use of audio visual aids improves students’ critical and analytical thinking. It helps to remove abstract concepts through visual presentation. It will help students to learn various out of syllabus things to improve way of learning.